Sunday, July 7, 2013

What Under My Pillow?

OMG!!! The most hilarious moment of the road trip so far happened yesterday... we are staying at a GORGEOUS 4 star resort in New Mexico that's on an Indian Reservation, there are signs everywhere about wildlife and one of reviews mentions that a guest was bitten by a wild animal (a kangaroo rat) in her sleep. The resort is simply gorgeous , so we booked it anyway...

Now anyone who knows me well knows that I am always cold and that I'm jumpy when it comes to animals, so my radar was up. We came back to our room from lunch and I was FREEZING (due to frigid AC temps) so I went to peel back the covers of the bed and wanted to climb in to warm up...
I moved a pillow and saw something moving... I thought it was a feather and didn't think anything of it... I went to move the blanket and saw something jump and then fly..

Being a girl, I SCREAMED and was headed away from the bed. My husband, not even knowing why I was screaming grabs me and pushes me towards the door, which caused the kids to run and scream too. Hubby went into survival mode and had a death grip on my arms... 

I glanced over to the window and finally realized that it was just a freaking MOTH and noticed Jai hitting it like a crazy person with a shirt and Adam was trying to karate chop it.
It was a TOTAL CLARK GRISWOLD MOMENT from Christmas Vacation when the squirrel jumped out of the tree and scared the entire family...
We laughed for the rest of the day... Too bad it wasn't on video!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment